Sunday, January 30, 2011
11 Predictions for 2030
1) No need to learn a second language...you'll have a translation computer in your ear.
2) 150 year life expectancy for millions.
3) Only 2 percent of people in extreme poverty.
4) Best food to be grown in skyscrapers.
5) Driverless cars.
6) 18 cities with more than 20 million residents.
7) Pilotless airplanes
8) Space tourism commonplace with 40,000 people working in orbit.
9) Animation puts movie actors out of business.
10) China has more than 250 cities with more than 1 million residents.
11) 'Personal' robot companions.
I think in-ear translation devices will happen within 10 years.
Space tourism--absolutely; that's like predicting in 1920 that commercial air travel would be commonplace in 1950.
Pilotless planes and driverless cars sound likely, too, as do avatar actors.
From I Look Forward To
Posted by George M. Spencer at 3:00 PM